Athlete Support Programme
The NESA Athlete Support Programme is committed to coaching players of all abilities in a welcoming, supportive environment that encourages confidence, performance and personal development.
The NESA Athlete Support programme is structured to support athletes at any level. Our expert Flex Fitness team will work closely with you to create an individual fitness and training plan designed to support your performance.
Achieve Sporting Excellence
The North East Sports Academy (NESA) is highly focused on developing your talent and sporting ambition alongside your academic studies. You can study any course at any of our campuses and enjoy the benefits of being part of NESA.
NESA's Athlete Support Programme is led by an expert fitness team at Flex Fitness to develop your sporting talent and physical ability to a professional level. You will benet from access to elite training with key partners and compete in regional and national competitions in your sports discipline.
Our specialist coaches will develop your fitness techniques and theory, helping you to progress your skills and athletic ability specific to your sport.
Personalised Athlete Programmes
The team will work with you to unlock your potential and maximise your performance. The team at Flex Fitness create personalised sports programmes designed to support, mentor and advise talented athletes.
Through the NESA Athlete Support Programme, you will benet from specialised training programmes matched to your sporting discipline. The strength and conditioning team and Flex Fitness will work closely with you and your coaches to achieve a professional standard; preparing you for competitions including opportunities to represent the College and take part in regional and national AOC sports competitions.
You will also benefit from:
- Access to funding and sponsorship opportunities for elite level competition
- Opportunities to compete in regional & national competitions
- Individually tailored strength & conditioning programmes from the Flex Fitness team
- Free unlimited access to the Flex Fitness Gym
- Coaching developed around your academic timetable
- Subsidised training and leisure kit
- Access to the physiotherapy clinic for injury treatment including rehabilitation programmes and support
- Attend workshops including: sport psychology, performance analysis and nutrition
- One-to-one fitness screening in state-of-the-art facilities