The NESA Badminton Development Centre is committed to coaching players of all abilities in a welcoming, supportive environment that encourages confidence, performance and personal development.
The NESA Badminton programme is structured to support players at any level of the game. Experienced coaches will work with you to create fitness and training plans designed to aid your professional performance in your sporting discipline.
NESA Badminton Development Centre
As a NESA Badminton Development Centre player you can access a number of benefits that may possibly include:
- Access to funding and sponsorship opportunities for elite level competition
- Progression routes and links with the Northumberland Badminton Association
- Individually tailored strength & conditioning programmes from the Flex Fitness team
- Free unlimited access to the Flex Fitness Gym
- Access to physiotherapy clinic for injury treatment including rehabilitation programme and support
- One-to-one fitness screening in state-of -the-art facilities
- Opportunity to gain badminton-specific coaching and officiating qualifications
- Attend workshops, including: sport psychology, performance analysis and nutrition
- Opportunities to compete in regional and national badminton competitions
- Subsidised training, playing and leisure kit
- Opportunities to gain badminton-specific work related experiences leading to part-time or full-time work as well as apprenticeships through partners
"Northumberland Badminton Association works closely with the NESA Badminton Academy at TyneMet. The College has produced several NBA County players over the years and currently has representation at both Junior and Senior levels. The Northumberland County Badminton Association continues to encourage and support the partnership ensuring close links in the future."
Steve Abbott | Vice Chairman, Northumberland Badminton Association