The NESA Women’s Basketball Academy and Development Centre is committed to coaching players of all abilities in a welcoming, supportive environment that encourages confidence, performance and personal development.
The NESA Women’s Basketball programme is structured to support players at any level of the game. High level, expert coaching and competition experience are combined in a professional sports setting. Our longstanding partnership with the Newcastle Eagles Basketball team enhances learning - encouraging performance, determination and team work, whilst you master the skills for success.
NESA Women's Basketball Academy & Development Centre
As a NESA Women’s Basketball Academy or Development Centre player you can access a number of benefits that may possibly include:
- Taking on the best in the country in leagues and cups
- Dedicated players have the chance to apply for FREE USA scholarship opportunities
- Up to 10 hours of training and competitive matches each week in superb purpose-built facilities
- Exclusive subsidised training, playing and leisure kits
- Individually tailored strength & conditioning programmes as well as use of our state-of-the-art sports science & testing lab and rehabilitation support
- Sport-specific expert workshops in areas such as: sport psychology, performance analysis and nutrition
- Free unlimited access to the Flex Fitness Gym
- Opportunity to gain basketball specific coaching and officiating qualifications
- Access to physiotherapy clinic for injury treatment
"The partnership between Newcastle Eagles and TyneMet has long been a leader in the development of women’s basketball. This has included offering a quality high level academy experience and strong performance pathway."
Deirdre Hayes | General Manager of the Eagles Foundation