If you’re passionate about coaching and leadership, the NESA Leadership Academy has been designed to support your development by equipping you with professional skills, qualifications and the confidence to successfully lead diverse groups and individuals.
Achieving Excellence with the NESA Leadership Academy
As part of the Leadership Academy, you can take part in a wide range of volunteering experiences and work placement opportunities that will help you to gain transferable skills that can help in any industry. You will be able to gain a wide range of qualifications in officiating and get ahead with employment opportunities from a wide range of sports partnerships. There’s also the opportunity to take part in more diverse opportunities such as working on specialist projects such as European US Girls.
Through the Leadership Academy at TyneMet, students can volunteer in a wide range of roles and sports with the programme of events and competitions that we organise for the North Tyneside Schools alongside our partners such as Newcastle Falcons, Newcastle Thunder, Newcastle United Foundation, Newcastle Eagles and local clubs or community groups. There will also be the opportunity to support our Schools Engagement Programme and Holiday Camps that can develop you for a career in the sports industry and possibly lead to paid coaching opportunities.
Work towards a great range of opportunities
- Coaching qualifications
- Street Games Activator awards
- First aid and safeguarding qualifications
- Voluntary and paid coaching plus leadership opportunities
- Exclusive subsidised coaching leisure kit
- Support with the development of skills for university and job applications
You will also have the opportunity to work towards Sports Leaders Awards which equate to UCAS points. Through Sports Leaders you will participate in multi sports clubs in primary schools
and the community, this is a pathway to paid employment.
Rewards and Incentives!
The Coaching Academy offers excellent rewards and incentives whilst you gain valuable work experience, skills and qualifications to pursue a successful career in the sports industry.
- Free T-shirt
- Further free kit based on your voluntary hours
- Access to 6 CPD workshops across the year
- Volunteer opportunities at big events like the Great North Run
- Support with coaching bursary applications
- Enhanced CV and personal statement
- Potential for residential trips
- Potential for paid coaching opportunities
- Potential for future employment