The NESA Women’s Academy and Development Centre is committed to coaching players of all abilities in a welcoming, supportive environment that encourages confidence, performance and personal development.
The NESA Women’s Football programme is structured to support players at any level of the game. High level, expert coaching and competition experience are combined in a professional sports setting. Our longstanding programme with prestigious football partners enhances learning - encouraging performance, determination and team work, whilst you master the skills for success.
NESA's Women's Football Academy and Development Centre
As a NESA Women’s Football Academy player you can access a number of benefits that may possibly include:
- Competing against the best players in the most prestigious post-16 league - the ECFA Category 1 National League
- Represent Newcastle United Foundation in the National Youth Football League
- Dedicated players have the chance to apply for FREE USA scholarship opportunities
- Up to 10 hours of training and competitive matches each week in superb purpose-built facilities
- Opportunity to play abroad in major footballing countries such as Portugal and Italy
- Individually tailored strength & conditioning programmes as well as use of our state-of-the-art sports science & testing lab and rehabilitation support
- Sport-specific expert workshops in areas such as: sport psychology, performance analysis and nutrition
- Free unlimited access to the Flex Fitness Gym
- Opportunity to gain football-specific coaching and officiating qualifications
- Access to physiotherapy clinic for injury treatment
"TyneMet and Newcastle United Foundation have a unique partnership in which, as a former student at TyneMet, I know first-hand the positive impact that being part of the College and the Women’s Academy can provide."
Natalie Henderson | Newcastle United Academy Coach