The NESA Men’s Rugby Academy and Development Centre is committed to coaching players of all abilities in a welcoming, supportive environment that encourages confidence, performance and personal development.
The NESA Men’s Rugby programme is structured to support players at any level of the game. High level, expert coaching and competition experience are combined in a professional sports setting. Our longstanding programme with England Rugby enhances learning - encouraging performance, determination and team work, whilst you master the skills for success.
NESA Men's Rugby League Academy and Development Centre
As a NESA Men’s Rugby League Academy or Development Centre player you can access a number of benefits that may possibly include:
- Taking on the best in the country in leagues and cups
- Up to 10 hours of training and competitive matches each week in superb purpose-built facilities
- Exclusive subsidised training, playing and leisure kits
- Individually tailored strength & conditioning programmes as well as use of our state-of-the-art sports science & testing lab and rehabilitation support
- Sport-specific expert workshops in areas such as: sport psychology, performance analysis and nutrition
- Free unlimited access to the Flex Fitness Gym
- Opportunity to gain rugby-specific coaching and officiating qualifications
- Access to physiotherapy clinic for injury treatment
"Having an Education provider like TyneMet College has added so much to Rugby League in the North East. We can now boast a genuine full time education pathway here at Kingston Park. This solidifies the player pathway and development plans for Newcastle Thunder’s future players. Having the players on site and mingling with the Newcastle Thunder and Falcons players on a Day to Day basis is fantastic, it educates them in professionalisms other players may not even consider. The course without doubt will produce some professional players, but will also provide a high level of education for any one pursuing a career outside of rugby in their future."
Keith Christie | Managing director Newcastle Thunder